The Complete Universal Remote Control
Package for Pocket PCs!
|Home | Features | Instructions | Screenshots | Skin Templates | UltraMote Extender® | News and Reviews | FAQ | RemoteComparison Chart | Download | Purchase|
CREATING CUSTOM SCREEN SKINS FOR YOUR
2) Setup a grid on your image with a spacing of 48 pixels wide by 49 pixels high (49 x 48 for a horizontal skin). You should now have a grid of 25 cells, which correspond to the 25 buttons on the first screen of any UltraMote software device/activity.
3) You can now either draw or import images for both the individual buttons and backgrounds. You do not need to utilize all 25 button locations on your UltraMote software screen. For example, you could layout a screen with only five screen-wide buttons, then learn one or all of the 5 button locations within your wide area to the same command.
4) When completed, save your image as a BMP, JPG or GIF image, depending upon your image quality vs. memory availability.
5) You may repeat these steps for the second screen of your device/activity, but remember that the center 3 rows of the 5 row grid are not active buttons, and are reserved for text which you enter during device setup.
6) When you are done with your screen images, use ActiveSync to move them to the Program Files/UltraMote/Skins folder on your Pocket PC. You will now see your new images displayed as a menu option in the Device>>New or Device>>Edit dialogs.
CREATING AN ULTRAMOTE SKIN BASED UPON THE
TEMPLATES (example using Paintshop):
OPTIONAL:If you would like to move buttons on the template, use the selection tool in Paintshop and drag/drop to new position on the button grid. The lower right corner button is dedicated to the .next. or .previous. screen function. Once you are satisfied with your new layout, you can save your customized template as a .psp file.
2) Open or create your background image file (Screenshot of this step). Google has an image search function which is useful to find additional images. Or, you may want to create a custom 48 x 49 pixel button and then copy into a 5 x 5 array to create a 240 x 245 pixel image of buttons. A great resource for custom button creation is www.psd-templates.com.
3) Crop the image or resize (Image>Resize) to 240 pixels wide by 245 pixels high (245 x 240 for horizontal skin).
4) Select Edit>Copy to capture your resized background.
5) Select Edit>Paste>As New Layer.
6) Select Layers>Arrange>Send to Back. Your combined image of the template plus your background image should now be visible. If not, try Arrange>Layers again until you have the correct combination image. (Screenshot of this step)
7) When completed, save your image as a BMP, JPG or GIF image, depending upon your image quality vs. memory availability. For first screen images, use a file name beginning with "1-" (i.e. 1-WATCHDVD.BMP). For second screen images, use a file name beginning with "2-".
8) When you are done with your screen images, use ActiveSync to move them to the Program Files/UltraMote/Skins folder on your Pocket PC. You will now see your new images displayed as a menu option in the Device>>New or Device>>Edit menu.
Copyright © 2002-2009 CardonWare(tm). All rights reserved.
UltraMote®, UltraMote Extender®, and CardonWare(tm) are trademarks of CardonWare, Phoenix, Arizona.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.